Like all Charities, the Fire Fighters Charity and its resources are affected by the economic climate and other pressures. Some which are:-
- The increasing demand being put on the services supplied by the Charity by serving members and further increasing numbers of retired members and their dependants,
- The after-effects of the recession.
- The move away by Service personnel from “Flag days” and other direct charitable events.
- The reduction in numbers of actual serving Fire fighters.
- The generosity of Fire fighters in supporting other charities rather than their own.
The FSFS CIC‘s business mission is to create a self-sustaining not-for-profit business that makes large annually increasing donations from trading surpluses to the Fire Fighters Charity to help relieve some of those pressures.